Within the Utah Trucking Association most leadership positions rotate every two years and many others are added in May during the annual convention. In accordance with the association’s bylaws, Scott Godfrey, Immediate Past President, appointed Dale Ipson, Past President, to Chair this year’s Nominating Committee. Scott also asked the region presidents Jimmy Andrus, Southern Utah Trucking Association, Rustin Walker, Northern Utah Trucking Association and Ryan Jones, Basin Utah Trucking Association to serve as members of this committee. The nominating committee recommended the following leadership changes:
Effective May 9th, 2014 and to serve a two-year term, the following officers were nominated:
- Duane Braegger- Tramcor Corp, President
- Mark Droubay- Double D Distribution, 1st Vice President
- Stacey Bettridge- KB Oil, 2nd Vice President
- Justin Deputy- Utility Trailer Sales of Utah, 3rd Vice President
- Jimmy Andrus- Andrus Transportation, Secretary and Treasurer
- Scott Godfrey- Godfrey Trucking, Immediate Past President
In addition, the following individuals were approved to continue service as members of the Executive Committee:
- Eric Brewer- TDS/J.W. Brewer
- Parri Bullock- Bullock’s Towing
- Jay England- CR England
- Jon Issacson- Central Refrigerated
- Greg McCandless- James H. Clark & Son
- Buzz Warner- Warner Truck Centers
- Steve Boekholder- Les Schwab
The following were added as new members to the Executive Committee:
- Replacing Justin Deputy – Dale Kaufman, Hub Transportation Insurance
- Replacing Jimmy Andrus – Adam Mason, Christensen Oil/Crest Distributing
With Jimmy Andrus accepting the Secretary and Treasurer position, the Southern Utah Trucking Association appointed Brock Morrison as their new President.
The association released from the Board Mike Deputy and Merrill VanderMeyden and extends appreciation for all of their years of dedicated service. They also offer a grateful release to Rand Austin for his valiant service as the UTA 3rd Vice President and wish all of these men good luck in their future endeavors. Added to the Board of Directors were: Brandt King, King Farms Trucking and Val Stokes, Stokes Trucking.
The association wishes to thank Larry Miller of L. W. Miller for his service to the Executive Committee as the American Trucking Association State Vice President. His term will end December 31, 2014. Don Cox, who has been serving as the ATA Alternate State Vice President, has been appointed to serve as the new State Vice President once Larry’s term concludes.
Lastly, a big thank you to our immediate past president, Scott Godfrey of Godfrey Trucking. Scott served as UTA President for two years with great conviction and a sincere desire to benefit each of the members of the association and the industry as a whole. The association was honored to have Scott’s service all these years and are incredibly grateful for the hard work, integrity and unity that Scott exemplified. We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors and look forward to his continued involvement with the association in various capacities.
Much work has been accomplished during the past two years and we express our appreciation to a valiant and dedicated group of men and women who have committed so much during their term as officers and executives.